www.pinoyuzzap.darkbb.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sinigang Collection

Go down

Sinigang Collection Empty Sinigang Collection

Post by Wowiz™ Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Sinigang Collection Top_frame

Boneless of Love (Sinigang na Tuna sa Miso)

Ingredients:

1/4 kilo tuna belly
1 piece sliced onion
1 piece sliced tomato
1 piece green chili
1 piece sliced radish
1 cup sliced string beans
1 piece sliced eggplant
2 tablespoon miso
1 pack AJINOMOTO SINIGANG na may Miso
A dash of AJI-NO-MOTO Super Seasoning

Cooking Procedure:

1. Boil water. Once rapidly boiling, add onions and tomatoes. Add miso paste.
2. Add all the vegetables and tuna belly.
3. Add AJINOMOTO SINIGANG na may Miso.
4. Season with salt, pepper and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Super Seasoning.
Wowiz™
Wowiz™
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

https://pinoyuzzap.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Sinigang Collection Empty Sinigang na Dalag / Mudfish Soup Served with Miso

Post by Wowiz™ Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:48 pm

Sinigang na Dalag / Mudfish Soup Served with Miso
by Marketman

Sinigang Collection 156

I haven’t eaten dalag or mudfish in at least a decade. And neither has Mrs. MM, though it is one of her favorites, but only if cooked the way she had it as a kid/teenager. Her yaya (nanny) turned cook, then major doma, who worked for their family for some 50 years or so retired many years ago, used to cook a mean version. She inadvertently took with her a treasure trove of comfort food recipes, as nothing was ever recorded in writing, when she returned to the province. So when N visited us a few weeks ago in Cebu city, and said she was willing to come to Manila for a month-long “vacation” cum informal training course for our “younger” crew, of course we said yes faster than you can say yes… Mrs. MM quickly assembled a list of favorite childhood and young adult recipes and we hope to cover many of them in the month ahead…

Sinigang Collection 154

At nearly 80 years of age, N does not read or write recipes, and cooks by memory and feel alone (often not tasting dishes she does not personally consume or enjoy, like beef or kinilaw)… it is a skill that is totally impressive, but which vexes the younger crew in the household as they can’t follow without clear and precise instructions. It is fantastic to watch N cook, and despite years in retirement, she still has the gift, if you know what I mean. Soon after arriving, and inspecting our larders, she smiled and gave us a two thumbs up equivalent as there were bones up the wazoo, stocks, and all manner of other supplies on hand with which to experiment with. I suppose for some artists, a full range of paints is always rather inspiring…

Sinigang Collection 155

So first off, a soup with dalag or mudfish and miso. I have never purchased dalag in the markets as they always seemed so mean looking. Besides, the term mudfish is less than appealing. One large dalag is all you need… gut it and cut it perpendicular to its body. Next make the miso “relish” by sauteing some garlic, onions and tomatoes and miso. Then as with sinigang, make a soup with dalag, tomatoes, vegetables, chillies, upo (N’s version) and a bit of miso in the soup as well. Serve the soup with the miso mixture on the side. Also add patis or fish sauce and some sliced kalamansi to adjust the saltiness and sourness to your preference.

Sinigang Collection 157

It was delicious! Exactly as Mrs. MM remembered it. Except that the dalag had a lot of bones and when I quizzed Mrs. MM on this (she of the I never had to deal with bones stance), she smirked and said that N used to debone segments of dalag for her so she only got the meat and the soup. Ayayay… So off went the soup tureen or bowl and the fish was de-boned. Yum. I am hoping we will recapture several of these types of comforting home style recipes in the weeks ahead. As for proportions, forget about it this early in the game. We will have to repeat these recipes with measuring cups and spoons at the ready…
Wowiz™
Wowiz™
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

https://pinoyuzzap.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down